Walnut shell filter media are used in walnut shell filters are frequently installed for the removal of oil and suspended solids from produced water, refinery effluent and waste / re-circulation streams.
- Walnut Shell Filters will typically remove 95% of solids at 5 micron, and 90% of suspended oil.
- Unlike in sand filters, whose captured oil films over the surface, captured oil remains as droplets.
- Walnut shells used in walnut shell filters are frequently installed for the removal of oil and suspended solids from produced water.
- Walnut shell is the best technology for the removal oil and grease
- As well as suspended solids from a variety of heavy oil and other oilfield produced water streams.
- Walnut shell is chemically inert, hard, resilient, perfect for oily water processing.
Toxicity and handling :
- MSDS information is available upon request.
- Handle as an industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and observing the precautions as described in the material safety data sheet(MSDS).
Typical Physical Properties :
| Filtering Media Type
|| Silica Sand
|| Walnut Shell
| Oil Removal Rate (%)
|Suspended Solids Removal Rate (%)
| Filtering Speed (m/h)
|Backwashing Strength (L/S.m2)
| Filtering Media Maintenance Method
||Replace for new every 2-3 years
|| Add 10% every year
- Walnut shells have strong oil adsorption capacity; they can adsorb most of the oil in oily sewage.
- Walnut shells can be renewable after back washing; so that walnut shell filter media can be used again, saving water treatment costs.
- Walnut shells have strong pressure resistance; its pressure resistance is 23.4kgf/cm2.
- The chemical properties of the walnut shells are stable; it is almost not dissolved in acid and alkali solutions.
- The hardness of walnut shells is high, and its wear resistance is good too; it can be used for long time.
- Walnut shells have strong adsorption and pollutant catching capacity (adsorption rate 25-53%)
Packaging and storage :
- Filter media lost circulation material is packaged in 50lb PP liner.
- Store in a dry location away from sources of heat or ignition and minimizes dust.